Background: New England VegFest is one of the largest vegetarian events in North America. Last year the festival attracted 10,000+ attendees, 140+ exhibitors & 100+ volunteers. The 2019 event will be in April in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The New England VegFest Executive Director leads and manages all VegWorcester and New England VegFest programming. This individual ensures that year-round events and campaigns advocate for vegetarianism and align with the Board of Directors-established mission and strategic vision.
VegWorcester is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization based in Worcester, Massachusetts and led by a volunteer Board of Directors. You might recognize us as the volunteer-based organization behind the New England VegFest, one of the largest one-day vegan events in North America. Last year’s VegFest attracted over 10,000 attendees, 140+ exhibitors and 50+ volunteers.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead an organization of volunteers, ensuring their work upholds VegWorcester’s mission and vision
- Develop and enhance year-round programming to serve the local New England community
- Manage all aspects of the annual New England VegFest
- Collaborate effectively with the Board of Directors and other organizers by:
- developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- attending weekly meetings with the Board of Directors and other organizers
- keeping the Board apprised of organizational activities and of internal and external issues that may affect VegWorcester
- Develop and share annual plans with goals and objectives that work towards the organization’s strategic vision
- Determine staffing requirements for management and program delivery and recruit volunteers for the organizing team
- Assess performance to assure that VegWorcester’s programming meets the organization's goals
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization, including:
- maintaining documentation using web-based tools
- managing institutional relationships
- overseeing programming
- facilitating community outreach
Financial Planning and Development
- Develop a comprehensive annual budget for year-round programming and the New England VegFest
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to sustain and further grow the organization
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate is a(n):
- Self-directed, organized, and action-oriented professional
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Proven leader, coach, and relationship manager
- Experienced event planner
- Competent web-based tool user
- Make a career in the animal rights and environmental movement by leveraging our professional development budget to attend conferences, take relevant classes, and grow their professional network
- Make each New England VegFest better than the last one
- Enjoy plant-based food and hang out with a rad group of veg*n friends each week
Competitive salary, full time
This is a year-round, full-time position. Applications are now open and the position begins in Fall 2018.
How to apply
Deadline: Monday, October 1, 2018
Email us at [email protected]